Name:
Location: Dunwich, MA

Monday, April 17, 2006

Tenor #1: Neck, Part V


Peghead - Back
Originally uploaded by Usonian.
I spent about an hour cleaning up the peghead tonight. I got the volute more or less under control, and my 1/4-sheet sander has gotten most of the bandsaw marks off of the back of the peghead (although it is by no means flat yet.)

Next time I'll decide definitively what kind of overlay I'm using before cutting out the neck, and I'll know the final thickness ahead of time.

The curve is not symmetrical, but it's not so far out of whack as to drive me crazy. The more I look at this photo, the more I can see I'll want to smooth out the curve on the left. I just need to make sure I don't get into the "little bit off on this side, little bit off on that side" game trying to even things up.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home